Our programme was devised and is delivered around a set of clear principles.
Fundamentally our curriculum is driven by Employability. Within our college we refer to the 3Es: Employability, Enterprise and Entrepreneurship. We are completely focused on equipping our students with a range of technical, intellectual, creative and professional skills that will enable them to succeed in their chosen careers. Our students start working on live briefs for real clients in their 1st year, and by the end of their 2nd year, as part of their Client Brief module, every student is working commercially, undertaking freelance work and getting paid. This focus on industry and the ability to start earning a living from photography underpins everything that we do.
In terms of the delivery of our curriculum, we have recruited a team of knowledgeable and experienced practitioners who all bring a range of skills and experience to the programme. The quality of teaching and technical support play a key role in the production of the technically accomplished and visually sophisticated photography that our students produce. Take a look at our student’s work and you will see what we mean.
Importantly our curriculum is also driven with a particular personality. We are passionate and energetic people who have learned that success in commercial photography comes from motivation, attitude and commitment. We have created a positive and dynamic learning environment where students with differing profiles and aspirations can realise their creative, academic and professional potential. As part of this we place a great deal of emphasis on work ethic and professionalism. We set high standards for ourselves and encourage and develop the same in our students.
Our ethos is defined in our programme objectives, which can be found in our programme specification. On successful completion of our programme, a student will be able to:
- Demonstrate a range of technical, intellectual, creative and professional skills appropriate for the requirements of the photo-imaging sector.
- Generate ideas, concepts, and creative solutions to client briefs using the visual language, techniques and processes of photography.
- Apply appropriate subject knowledge, tools, and working methods with a high level of confidence, creativity and technical skill.
- Operate professionally in a range of commercial photographic contexts, maintaining high standards in professional practice and ethical conduct.
- Demonstrate a broad range of personal, professional and transferrable skills that will maximise potential for employment and/or successful commercial enterprise in the creative industries.
- Demonstrate a highly developed understanding of aspects of contemporary image-making, technical innovation and/or research, through their own practice and/or academic research.